Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book an appointment?
For your convenience, the BEST and QUICKEST way is to book online from the menu page of this site. Otherwise, you may contact me via phone or email. Texting, rather than calling, will typically be the most quick and efficient way. I am a solo esthetician and am with clients most of the time. So, please understand if I don’t get back to you immediately, I will as soon as I can.
If you don’t see the time and date you specifically need, please feel free to text me. Sometimes there are cancellations or room for shorter appointments.
For your convenience, you may park in the lot right in front of Sola Salon Studios, just west of Nash Street. You can park for free for up to 90 minutes. If longer than 90 minutes, you may park behind the parking structure on other side of parking lot. I am located inside Sola Salon Studios, which is located in the same structure as Jackson’s restaurant, PF Chang’s and the Arclight movie theater. Once inside Sola Salon Studios you can find me in studio #20.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you must cancel or reschedule your appointment, as a courtesy to other guests who may want that appointment time, and to allow time for the appointment to fill 24-hour notice is required to avoid being charged 100% of the price on all treatments scheduled.
What methods of payments are accepted?
For your convenience, all credit cards are welcome. I also accept Venmo, Apple Pay, cash and checks.
What if I’m sick?
If you aren’t feeling well when your confirmation text/email comes through, please cancel/reschedule 24 hours in advance. To keep myself and my guests that come into my studio after you healthy, I do not accept clients into the studio who are sick.
What product lines do you have?
I proudly carry iS Clinical, Rhonda Allison and Shani Darden skincare. I carry Glo Mineral makeup and use Norvell for my sunless tanning. All high-end, all Cruelty-Free, all fabulous for the skin.
Can I get facials, waxing and spray tans while pregnant or nursing?
Absolutely! Please share this information with me so I can properly accommodate you and adjust the service/products as needed.
How to buy product or purchase a gift card?
You may book an appointment for product or gift card “pickup” through the online booking or by texting me. This is a 15 minute appointment set aside just for you at no charge.
How to get color matched for the Glo Mineral Pressed base makeup?
You may book an appointment for a “color match” through the online booking or by texting me. This is a 15 minute appointment set aside just for you at no charge.
What is the monthly facial membership program?
The Paragon Beauty by Mia Facial Monthly Membership allows you to receive my most popular treatment, every month, at a generously discounted rate. Essential for achieving and maintaining your best skin. See “Membership” tab for details.
Can I get any facial treatments after getting Botox or fillers?
It is suggested to wait two weeks after getting any injectables to have any facial treatments or facial waxing. As always though, please check with your nurse or doctor who performed the injections for further clarification.
What is LED therapy?
In the same way that plants use chlorophyll to convert sunlight into plant tissue, high-intensity light-emitting diodes (LEDs) utilizing specific, proven wavelengths of light can trigger a natural biostimulatory effect in human tissue. Research has shown that photo-therapy can increase circulation, accelerate tissue repair, kill acne bacteria, decrease inflammation, improve skin tone, texture and clarity, as well as ease muscle and joint pain, stiffness, spasm, and arthritis.
Originally developed by NASA for astronauts who could become injured or ill on a long-term space flight, the technology is used today as a safe and natural method of treating a variety of skin and pain conditions. Simply put, the LED light source provides compromised cells with added energy so the cells performance is enhanced. For example, fibroblast cells will increase collagen and elastic production in connective tissue.
How do I prepare for a sunless tan?
Finally, achieve a beautiful golden color in as little as 1 Hour! Spray yourself after work and hit the town tonight! A first of its kind, rapid development sunless solution introduced specifically for those who just can’t wait the usual 8-12 hours for their post-session warm water rinse.
- Exfoliate thoroughly 24 hours before application for best tanning results. Avoid water contact and perspiration until development time has passed.
- Wear dark colored, loose fitting clothing and opened toed shoes, such as flip flops, to your appointment. For best results, no bra right after appointment is best. You may put back on after rinse.
- Have nails, hair removal, hair appointments, done PRIOR to your appointment. For best results, waxing should be done 24 hours prior to sunless tan appointment.
Remove any ‘barriers’ that may prevent the sunless product from absorbing into the skin evenly. These include, but are not limited to: make-up, deodorant, perfume, oils, moisturizers, residue from hair conditioners.
- After 1-3 hours rinse off in a warm shower - 1 hour for a bronze color, 2 hours for a medium bronze color, and 3 hours for a dark bronze color. Extending the duration longer than 3-hours is NOT recommended for optimum results.
- Use a tan extender daily to prolong the life of the tan, which you may purchase right here at Paragon Beauty.
Any suggestions for before and after waxing?
- Allow at least 3 weeks between waxing appointments. I will need at least ¼ inch of hair growth for the wax to fully pick up all the hair. This applies to all body waxing.
- For bikini waxing, please trim prior to your appointment to make the wax more comfortable.
- If you are using any type of numbing cream, it is best applied 45-60 minutes before your appointment. I do retail a numbing cream here at Paragon Beauty, if you would like to purchase before coming in for the wax appointment.
- Females typically have heightened sensitivity during the week prior to and during menstruation. Please do not book your bikini wax during this time.
- To get the most out of your wax, do not shave in-between appointments. It is suggested that you don’t mix waxing and shaving, as the growth patterns will be thrown off. Do one or the other, and keep it on a regular schedule for best results.
- I do not suggest coming to your waxing appointment directly from exercising or perspiring. It makes for a more sensitive skin and uncomfortable wax.
- Aloe Vera or Hydrocortisone may be applied if area becomes irritated.
- No hot tubs, sunbathing, hot showers or heavy perspiring at least 24-48 hours post-wax.
- Keep the skin exfoliated regularly to help prevent ingrown hair. I also retail a wonderful product here at Paragon Beauty to help prevent ingrown hair from developing in the first place.